Sunday, December 30, 2012

Let Them Pin!

My wife has a newly acquired addiction. It's not cocaine, or meth, or even alcohol. It's Pinterest. +Pinterest really came out of nowhere. For those of you who don't know, Pinterest is a site that allows you to take a snapshot of articles, blogs, crafts, etc. that are found online. That snapshot is called a board. You link to other peoples boards and see what they have liked as well. This sounds all good and fun however, I want to talk about a few downsides of Pinterest. First of all my wife guards her board like I guard my Pez collection. You can look but you can't touch. I have tried on numerous occasions to get her to pin some things for me. She looks at me like I am that big Kardashian sister that isn't as popular as the rest and I know the gig is up. She aint having it. Case in point I tried to get her to pin this hilarious someecard that I created:


The other downside is that her board has become one big "honey do list" there are hundreds maybe even thousands of things that she wants to do to our house, car, backyard, my belly, our kids, etc. For a 29 year old balding lazy man like myself this is a bad thing. I know that there is a playhouse made out of pallets but do we have to have one in our backyard? 


You thought I was kidding. 

All jokes aside, I am fooling you right now. I actually love that my wife loves Pinterest. Pinterest is not only the home to projects it is home to some amazing desserts, dinners, snack, treats, and stuff that will grow my belly. There have been many meals and snacks made that came directly from the pages of Pinterest. 

Had It. Loved It. Pinterest Is To Thank.

I recently read an article from a girl that was very negative on Pinterest. The article talked about how she felt the purpose of Pinterest was to be a place to "keep up with the Jones" (or wahetever your neighbors names are) she felt like moms were paying more attention to Pinterest then they were to their children and so on. I was a bit perplexed (huge word) by this at first because I have only observed my wife using Pinterest for good. It's kind of like the tesseract in The +Avengers. When you use it for good it's great, when you use it for evil it unleashes nasty alien monster centipedes on the world. Yeah same thing. She has used it to cook me meals, make activitites for our son's school time, swoon over Ryan Gossling, laugh at hilarious someecards (see above picture), make awesome desserts, make over our home (better than +Ty Pennington), and so much more. 



All that being said I think Pinterest is a place for awesome people to get awesome ideas to be awesome!  Pinterest is really about the American Dream, Food, Fun, and Ryan Gossling. My tag line for this post will now and forever be, "Let Them Pin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment